Join the Orange County Artists Guild
Benefits of Membership
- OCAG provides a community of working artists – where friendships are formed and connections are made to the greater Orange County arts community.
- Access informative technical sessions (e.g., Photoshop, social media, photographing art) targeted to artists.
- Add a profile page and image gallery on OCAG’s website.
- Participate in the annual Studio Tour and related events.
- Reach a broad audience with OCAG’s social media presence, which includes Facebook, Instagram, and a blog.
- Connect with other artists in forums and interest groups.
Who can join OCAG?
- Membership is limited to artists that live or maintain a studio within Orange County.
- Members must be juried into the Guild.
- “Young Adult Emerging Artists” between the ages of 21 and 30 can be considered for membership with fees waived for one year. (See details at the “Jurying & Application Information” link below.)
How to Join OCAG
- Applicants have one opportunity each year to submit materials for the OCAG Jury; submissions are accepted during the month of January and close on 31 January. Jurying is conducted in February.
- The jury process is conducted online.
- Acceptance into the Guild entitles the artist to exhibit in any Guild exhibition without further jurying. The artist must maintain his/her membership annually to remain a member.
- Images submitted during application are used only for jurying purposes. If a person is accepted into the guild, the application images may be used for initial social media/marketing efforts presenting that year’s new members.
- Detailed Information about the Jury and Application Process is available in the 2022 Jurying & Application Information.
- There will be a Zoom Q&A info session on January 9, 2022 at 1:00 pm for anyone thinking about applying to the Guild. Please email Deborah Harris if you’d like to attend.
- For more Guild information, contact the Artists’ Liaison, Dawn Hummer.
The Fine Print
- Annual Dues are $100. Participation in the annual Open Studio Tour is $250, and requires a minimum 8 hours participation in committees that organize the Tour. There is an additional fee for each exhibition.
- Members participating in the Open Studio Tour are required to have an updated page on the OCAG website.